Things to consider when making an offer:
- Do you need to obtain a LIM report?
- Do you wish to have a Builders Report?
- If the property is a Unit Title, have you been provided with a Pre-Contract Disclosure Statement?
- Is your finance offer from the bank unconditional? - (i.e. not conditional on a registered valuation or builders inspection?) if so, you will need to include a finance condition in any contract.
- Do you have access to a 10% deposit or does this need to be discussed with the salesperson or lender?
- Has a copy of the property title been provided?
- Have you read the REAA Sales and Purchase Agreement Guide? - (link attached)
- If attempting to buy a property in a multi-offer situation, has the process been fully explained to you?
| Strategies for Selling your Home |
There are five main strategies we can adopt in selling your home
- Timeframe approach - No conditional offers initially
- Ensures competition
- Market determines value
- Unconditional sale
- The Vendor is always in control
- Buyers know what the price is - If priced correctly, you lose buyers or sell too cheaply
- Can deal with conditional offers - No timeframe
- People may discard property on price and not consider
the features and benefits
Sale by Negotiation
- You can accept conditional offers - No timeframe/ no urgency
- Offers are often conditional
- Buyers often try to get a bargain
Expressions of Interest Set Date of Sale
- Timeframe approach - Offers are often conditional rather than unconditional
- Vendors can accept conditional offers - Buyers often dont understand this process
- No transparency
- Timeframe approach - Non-transparent
- Allows confidentiality - Very formal process that locks in buyers
- Ideal for challenging properties - Buyers often don't feel comfortable with the process
- Interested parties have to do due diligence
To request a free, no obligation market appraisal of your Taupo property please give Grant a call or use the following online form;
Grant: 027 222 9539